We understand that the rules regarding a charity can be daunting. You need to comply with the Charities SORP and possibly the Companies Act, as well as dealing with gift aid, VAT and payroll taxes. There may also be additional reporting requirements for any grants you receive.
At Simpson Wreford LLP, we have a team of qualified and experienced accountants, auditors and tax professionals who keep fully up to date with all the relevant legislation to make your job easier and to ensure the charity complies with all of its statutory requirements.
As a firm of Chartered Accountants & Registered Auditors we currently assist many charities, from those small enough to require just an independent examination, to the bigger charities that are required to have a full audit.
We will work with you and your team to provide the financial information you require as well as reporting to the trustees and providing proactive advice on a wide range of accountancy, taxation and audit issues.
So no matter the size of your charity, we can:
- carry out an independent examination or audit depending on your size and requirements
- assist in the completion of the Annual Return and Trustees’ Annual Report
- prepare the annual charity accounts and any reports required for restricted funds or grants
- train your staff on the charity rules and accounting software
- deal with the payroll calculations and associated taxes
- advise on any trading the charity carries out with regard to VAT.
We are here to help you and your team fulfil the aims of the charity by reducing the burden associated with your accounts, audit and taxation matters using our in-depth knowledge of charities.